Terms and Conditions
The Light A London Landmark Contest (“Contest”) is a voluntary contest that is subject to these Official Rules (“Official Rules”).
No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment will not increase your chances of winning.
The Contest is sponsored by Harman International Industries Limited, a private limited company incorporated under the laws of the United Kingdom, having its registered office at Ground Floor, Westside Two London Road, Apsley, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, England, HP3 9TD, (known further as the “Sponsor”). These Official Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and Sponsor with respect to the Contest.
- Eligibility: The Contest is open to residents of the United Kingdom who are legal residents and who are the legal age of majority in the United Kingdom and at least 18, have internet access and a valid email address, at the start of the Contest Period, as set forth in Section 2 of these rules (“Entrant”). Sponsor’s Contest supervisors and members of their immediate families, and members of Sponsor’s families are not eligible to participate or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable local laws, rules and regulations.
- Contest Period: The Contest begins at 9 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”) and ends at 11:59 p.m. GMT according to the dates outlined below (the “Contest Period”).
Contest Entry Start Date Contest Entry End Date 5th August 2019 September 30th, 2019
Entries for the Contest must be received by the Contest Entry End Date according to Sponsor’s internal time clock. Entries will not be considered if received after the Contest Entry End Date.
Finalist announcement: Finalists will be revealed during the event on 6th November 2019 at the National Theatre, Southbank, London; using the information contained in the entry form, at Sponsor’s discretion. Winner/s must be present at the event in order to win the prize, excluding any extenuating circumstances to be assessed at Sponsor’s discretion.
The failure to attend may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case Sponsor may randomly select an alternate Winner from among the remaining eligible entries, up to three (3) attempts. Winner may also be sent a declaration of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). Unless restricted by law, Winners will be required to complete and return the Release within five (5) days from the date of notification. The Entrant selected as next Runner-Up may be selected if a Winner: (i) fails to attend (ii) fails, where required, to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason. Winners will receive additional Prize arrangement details once eligibility is determined. In the event of a dispute about the identity of a Winner, each entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email account submitted at time of entry.
- Group entries: Light A London Landmark will be open to individuals as well as group entries. A maximum number of 6 individuals can enter the contest as a group (known further as the “Entrant”).
- How to Enter the Contest: By entering the Contest, Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Entrant must register their entry online at http://www.lightalondonlandmark.com/index.html providing all the necessary details including, Studio/Education Facility, names, email addresses, and a phone number where they can be reached. Entrant/s will have access to a technical pack which includes applicable product specifications, guidelines and T&Cs, which entrants must comply with when designing a gobo. All Entrants will have access to product training and help; these workshops will not have any influence over the finalists or winner result.
- Submitting your Entry: Entrant must submit their artwork files as outlined at http://www.lightalondonlandmark.com/index.html Including, team name, gobo artwork, studio/Institution logo, gobo name, up to 4 concept renderings, written description of any EP1000 effects to be used (maximum 2 minute sequence) and 300-character description to accompany artwork.
- Multiple Entries: Each individual may only submit 1 entry, either individually or as part of a group and each entry must contain all submission requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
Ineligible Entries: Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor and its site leaders are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, destroyed, misdirected, or incomplete entries.
In the event Entrant desires to be excluded from the Contest, Entrant shall send an email to European.Marketing@harman.com using subject Light A London Landmark exclusion’ and in the email the relevant Entrant details.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a potential winner, the potential winner will be deemed to be the natural person with the name listed in the photo submission or provided to Sponsor. By entering the contest, Entrant(s) irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor and its agents, affiliates, and licensees, all rights in the entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights. By submitting an entry, Entrant warrants and represents that the entry is the original idea of the Entrant.
The entry must NOT, in the sole discretion of Sponsor:
- Contain material that violates or infringes upon another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, trademark or copyright infringement);
- Contain advertising or commercial content;
- Depict conduct that is dangerous, illegal, or embarrassing to others;
- Disparage Sponsor or its products or services, Sponsor’s competitors or their products or services, or any other person or party affiliated or connected with the Contest;
- Contain company names, product names, brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which has a limited license to use for this Contest;
- Contain the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any celebrities and/or other public or private figure, living or dead, without permission;
- Contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, profane, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, violent or libelous;
- Contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Contain material that is unlawful, or endorses or promotes unlawful conduct; and/or
- Contain material with which the Sponsor does not wish to associate itself with, in its sole discretion.
Sponsor will review all entries prior to judging and will inform entrants of any content which does not meet the Official Rules; and reserves the right to exclude any entry that it believes, in its sole discretion, does not meet the above criteria.
Prizes: In total, there will be one (1) grand prize winner from among all eligible entries received. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winner will be declared the official winner of the Contest. Limit one (1) prize per person, family or household. The following sets forth the prize for the Contest. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) for the prize offered during the Contest Period is £549.96
Prize Level Prizes and ARV Grand Prize The winning entry will receive a Harman Lifestyle pack for each individual, which will include, JBL Speakers and headphones and framed Gobo – ARV: GBP £549.96
No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize permitted, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Prizes are for personal use only. Contest Winner is solely responsible for any local taxes on prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. If there are not enough eligible entries, then less than the state number of prizes, or no prize, will be awarded. If prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner may not accept or receive a prize for any reason, the prize will be forfeited. Sponsor will not make multiple attempts to contact the potential winner.
The Sponsor shall not replace the Prize, the notification or its contents in which the Prize is awarded if it is lost after dispatch or destroyed.
Winner must abide by the terms, conditions, policies of social media as used and the relevant Venue, and any other third-party service provided as part of the Prize. Sponsor and any of such third-party vendors who provide the services as part of the Prize reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to any event or form of transportation as part of the Prize to Winner and/or guest who engage(s) in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the hotel, during flight or transportation, or any event/location that Sponsor provides Winner access to as part of the Prize.
Qualifying Judging: All eligible entries received during the Contest Period will be reviewed and sent to be judged by a panel of three (3) judges (renowned industry Lighting Designers) based on the following criteria:
20% interpretation of theme
20% did you evoke an emotion
Using a ranking system the panel of qualifying judges will select the top six (6) entries as potential winners from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Contest Period.
- Finalist Judging: All six (6) finalist entries will be showcased during the event on 6th November 2019 lighting the National Theatre. A further (2) judges (all affiliated with the National Theatre) will select the winning finalist on the night, taking the above criteria into account.
Tie-breaker: In the event of a tie at any level of judging, the judges will re-evaluate the entries according to the criteria above until the tie is broken. The tied entries will be reconsidered until the tie is broken, in the judges’ sole discretion.
The decisions of the judges are final and binding. In the event there are not enough eligible entries, not all prizes will be awarded.
- Publicity: By participating in the Contest, any Entrant in the Contest agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and irrevocably grants the Sponsor and its respective successors, assigns and licensees, and assigns the right to use (unless prohibited by law) such Entrant’s, name, voice, photograph, video or film clips, biographical information and/or other visual likeness in any and all media or format now or hereafter known without further compensation (financial or otherwise), permission or notification for any purpose, including without limitation, commercial, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with Sponsor’s website, Facebook®, or the Contest or other promotions, and hereby release the Sponsor, Facebook and each of its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, agents, assignees, advertising/promotion agencies, representatives, and agents from any liability with respect thereto, to the extent permitted by law. During the Contest Period, the Sponsor may promote the Contest through various social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook®, internet forums, weblogs, and Sponsor’s site.
- Intellectual Property: By submitting an entry into the Contest, Entrant warrants and represents that Entrant personally created the artwork and has any/all rights to the artwork submitted. All entries (whether or not copyrightable) and any copyrighted or copyrightable works or designs or other intellectual property related to this Contest are and shall become the sole property of Sponsor. By submitting an entry, and to the extent that Sponsor does not or cannot perfect its title in and to the entries, Entrant hereby grants Sponsor the irrevocable, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, worldwide right to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote any entry (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on any websites).
Personal details: The Sponsor or its affiliates shall collect only those personal details that have been expressly and freely given by the Entrant in the context of this Contest. When the Sponsor’s website is visited, specific data are automatically supplied by the Entrants' computers. Personal details that are furnished shall be used only for the Contest and/or such purpose for which the Entrant has furnished the data. The Sponsor shall also use these details to contact Entrants to give them information as well as to analyse details, including market research. For the purpose of this Contest, Sponsor may transfer your information to Sponsor’s affiliates under the same control as Sponsor or to other service providers outside of your country or territory.
The personal details furnished by the participant shall be processed under the responsibility of the Sponsor. The Sponsor shall handle the personal details in accordance with the applicable statutory requirements. These personal details shall not be furnished to third parties without prior consent, except in the event the Sponsor is obliged thereto on the basis of statutory provision or a court decision.
The Sponsor shall use the furnished personal details for the administration of this Contest only, unless entrants have given permission for information to be used for marketing and promotional purposes. Entry information will be retained for as long as Sponsor has a legitimate business interest and will not be used for marketing without express consent of the entrant.
- General Conditions: By participating in the Contest, Entrant agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Contest may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in Sponsor’s opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond Sponsor’s control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Entrant may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of Contest Winner. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Contest. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution. In the event fraud or manipulation is suspected, the Sponsor or its affiliates can also report to the competent authorities without further announcement. Complaints regarding the Promotion can be addressed to Harman International Industries Limited European.Marketing@harman.com
- Limitations of Liability: If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the Entrant's sole remedy is to submit another entry into the same Contest during the Contest Period. Entrant and Entrant Contest Winner also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, assignees, advertising/promotion agencies, representatives and agents (collectively “ Releasees”) from and against any claims, actions, liability, loss, injury or damages, disability, attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including, without limitation death to Entrant, Entrant Contest Winner or any third party) or real property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by any reason, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the prize, (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the prize, or (iv) participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest. The Releasees shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or declarations, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Releasees are not responsible for computer malfunctions, network connections, email delivery problems, Sponsor or third party systems failure or incompatibility, typographical, technical or key-stroke errors, or interruptions in your internet service, and for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged or stolen notifications. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. If the Contest is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor may (if possible) select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Disputes: Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Contest will be governed by the laws of England and Wales. Decisions of Sponsor are binding and final. No claimant in any dispute involving Sponsor shall be entitled to claim or obtain indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision in these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Except as prohibited by law and as a condition of participating in this promotion, Entrant hereby waives any right he/she may have to participate in a class action or have a trial by jury for any litigation directly or indirectly arising out of, under or in connection with this Contest, or any related document, agreement or transaction